What to do in San Diego: The USS Midway Museum
San Diego Hotels are located within minutes of San Diego Bay and San Diego Attractions like the USS Midway Museum. One of the top San Diego Museums, the USS Midway Museum welcomes visitors who want to learn about the history and explore maritime life in sunny San Diego.
About the USS Midway Museum
At the USS Midway Museum, you can experience life at sea without ever leaving the Port of San Diego. Imagine surrounding yourself with the sights and sounds, and the day-to-day routine, of America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier. When you’re wondering what to do in San Diego that’s fun, educational, and close to the beautiful waters that San Diego is known for, consider spending a few hours at the USS Midway Museum.
The USS Midway Museum is one of many San Diego Attractions near San Diego Hotels. This exciting San Diego Museum welcomes visitors onto a floating city at sea, where they can walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Midway sailors who served the United States of America and protected her shores.
Why You Should Visit the USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway Museum is one of the unforgettable San Diego Attractions that tourists often come to see time and time again. The entire family can enjoy exploring more than 60 exhibits and a collection of 29 restored aircraft.
San Diego visitors who are wondering What to do in San Diego, and who love historical sites, will surely love visiting the USS Midway Museum. At this San Diego Museum, take a self-guided audio tour narrated by Midway sailors and enjoy history coming to life. If you dare to “take to the sky,” try out one of the USS Midway’s thrilling flight simulators.
Tips for Visiting the USS Midway Museum
- The USS Midway Museum has a wonderful café on board, with patio dining in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Stop here for salads, sandwiches, and more family-pleasing meals while you Tour San Diego’s USS Midway Museum.
- The USS Midway Museum’s gift shop is located on the ship’s hangar deck, where the Midway sailors once repaired jet engines. This newly-expanded facility now houses a nice range of clothing, books, CD’s, DVDs, souvenirs, and USS Midway memorabilia.
- The USS Midway Museum presents many fun San Diego Events throughout the year, so check the Museum’ calendar for San Diego Activities and exhibits that occur when you’re visiting San Diego.
- The USS Midway Museum is open every day of the year, except on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Interesting Facts About the USS Midway Museum
- The USS Midway conducted the only ship-based V-2 rocket launch in Operation Sandy in 1947.
- The USS Midway aviators flew dangerous missions in Vietnam.
USS Midway Museum Location and Contact Information
The USS Midway Museum is located at 910 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92132 – Tel: 619.544.9600