No visit to San Diego would be complete without exploring all the popular San Diego Things to do. See our San Diego Visitor’s Guide for many options for San Diego Activities, San Diego Attractions, Restaurants in San Diego, and San Diego Shopping. It’s impossible to feature every San Diego Attraction, San Diego Activities, San Diego Restaurants, and more, but we’ve created the next best thing by combining the top selections for you to view prior to your visit to San Diego. Whenever you visit San Diego – you’re likely to have a few questions:
- What are the best San Diego Restaurants?
- What are the best San Diego Activities and San Diego Attractions?
- What is the best San Diego Shopping?
- What is the next ‘can’t miss San Diego Event?
We update the information on our San Diego Visitor’s Guide throughout often so before any visit to San Diego, come back and learn more about our featured San Diego Things to do!
Things to do in San Diego
Point Loma is one of the Jewels of San Diego, California. A 150-year-old lighthouse crowns the seaward tip of Point Loma. It is now a museum featuring all the furnishings…
This amazing coastal city is known for having the best Seafood Restaurants on the west coast, of course, but along with fulfilling the demand to create the freshest, most innovative seafood creations, chef’s from around the world are coming to San Diego to open San Diego Restaurants to respond to every culinary desire.
When you visit San Diego be sure to plan on spending some time in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter and experience all the excitement and entertainment to be had at the many live music venues, Sports Bars, Comedy Clubs, San Diego Rooftop Bars, Dinner Theaters, San Diego Bars and Nightclubs.
Whether you’re planning a visit to San Diego for a day or a week you’ll never run out of fun and exciting things to do or see. San Diego is the ideal destination city for exploring miles of coastal shorelines, theme parks, boating, and many other San Diego Attractions.
Among the most popular activities for visitors to San Diego is San Diego Shopping! San Diego is considered the ‘Shoppers Paradise of the Southwest’ for a reason, our beautiful coastal city is home to many top brands, boutique shops, high fashion, and outlet shopping.
San Diego is often referred to as, ‘America’s Most Beautiful City’ and along with that is a near endless list of exciting things to do in San Diego, both outdoor activities like visiting San Diego Beaches, exploring the San Diego Zoo or San Diego Wild Animal Park, or one of the many other San Diego Activities.
San Diego is often referred to as ‘America’s Most Beautiful City’ so it is no surprise that this coastal city is a top choice for San Diego Events, Conventions, and San Diego Trade Shows. Many hotels are located just blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, the premier meeting venue for San Diego Events.
About San Diego
San Diego, the third-largest metro area in Southern California, is the economic center of the Carlsbad, San Marcos, and San Diego metropolitan region. Home seekers and tourists alike are attracted to San Diego for a diverse and delightful experience. Unmatched for its cultural offerings, surfing beaches, parklands, and urban amenities, San Diego is outstanding. The city is also headquarters for the U.S. Navy’s Eleventh Naval District.
While San Diego is the eighth-most populous U.S. city, it has numerous natural pocket parks and scenic hilly terrain. Running through the city’s middle is the San Diego River creating a lush river valley and dividing the city into northern and southern regions. Within the city is the open space preserve of Mission Trails Regional Park. Its geography of craggy canyons, green hills, and rocky trails offers wonderful mountain biking, horseback riding, and hiking opportunities.
Visitors and residents enjoy attractions including San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and San Diego Wild Animal Park. An impressive historical site is Mission San Diego de Alcala. Numerous street fairs and music fests are held annually. After an event, you can indulge in some of the most diverse restaurants any city can offer.
Top 10 Things To Do In San Diego
San Diego is one of the great cities in California that you must visit sometime in your life. There are so many things there to do and see there that it is simply amazing. Here is our list of the top ten things to do in San Diego on your vacation.
- Balboa Park – The largest cultural park facility in San Diego that encompasses 15 museums, garden areas, performing arts facilities, and the San Diego Zoo.
- Downtown San Diego – Sometimes referred to as Center City is located in the heart of San Diego’s business district. It is considered one of the most upcoming areas in the western part of the United States.
- Sea World – One of the most popular attractions in San Diego offering different rides, attractions, and shows for the whole family.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve – A jewel of nature encompassing 2,000 acres of undeveloped and unspoiled land on the Southern California coast.
- Become a connoisseur at the famous wineries located in San Diego’s North Country. You can find large wineries that allow tours and also smaller mom and pop wineries.
- San Diego Zoo – Taking the “Journey Into Africa” tour within the zoo can provide you with a little taste of what Africa, the 2nd largest continent, has to offer.
- Gaslamp Quarter – A historical area in San Diego comprised of two and a half miles filled with Victorian-style buildings, over 100 restaurants, arts and entertainment scenes, theaters, and nightclubs.
- Coronado Municipal Beach – This is one of the Travel Channel’s selections of their top 10 beaches. It is a family-friendly beach with a postcard picture setting.
- Mission Beach – This is a great place for all walks of life. It seems though that it is becoming a little more of a residential area, however, it is still a must-see.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – A premier golf course in the San Diego Area with a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.