Visit one of the most popular San Diego Attractions – The San Diego Zoo
Downtown San Diego Hotels s are located near the famous Balboa Park and the renowned San Diego Zoo. The San Diego Zoo attracts visitors from all over the world.
About the San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of the San Diego Things to Do that most tourists consider a must-visit. The Zoo is renowned across the country as a premier facility for education and entertainment and offers opportunities to view rare animals and beautiful flora. The San Diego Zoo sits in San Diego’s Balboa Park, which is one of the top San Diego Attractions in its own right. You’ll be able to spy beautiful animals from all over the world at the San Diego Zoo.
Why Visit San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is a place where San Diego visitors of all ages can have fun, learn, and enjoy the beautiful San Diego weather. The Zoo is located in downtown San Diego, and near other popular San Diego Attractions like Museums in San Diego and stunning botanical gardens in Balboa Park.
At the San Diego Zoo, you’ll be able to view animals representing Africa, Australia, North America, and other parts of the globe – more than 3,700 creatures in total! There are more than 650 species that call the Zoo home, all roaming in habitats that are very close to their natural environments in the wild.
The San Diego Zoo is one of the only San Diego Attractions where you’ll get to spy rare specimens. Of course, the biggest San Diego Museums offer opportunities to view rare art. But, when you want to see animals, you’ll need to head to the San Diego Zoo. Get ready to discover exciting mammals, reptiles, birds, insects, and so much more.
Tips for Visiting San Diego Zoo
- The San Diego Zoo presents animals in cageless exhibits, with expansive areas for them to roam. Bring your camera and enjoy taking pictures in the natural settings that the elephants, buffaloes, otters, tigers, mountain lions, clouded leopards, and wombats call home.
- The animals at the San Diego Zoo live in habitats that are typically designed for species common to a certain geographical area. It’s often effective to work your way from habitat to habitat, in a well-planned out manner, to make sure that you spot all of the animals from the Arctic to Malaysia.
- Take the gondola lift at the San Diego Zoo up and over the grounds of the Zoo, and experience an aerial view of the animals and their habitats. You can also ride a tour bus around 75% of the Zoo, past monkeys, forest animals, and more.
Interesting Facts About San Diego Zoo
- The San Diego Zoo is one of the only zoos to keep a giant panda.
- The Zoo recently added its popular Koalafornia Adventure exhibit, which is an Australian habitat of native animals and birds.
- Some of the biggest free-flight aviaries in the world are housed at the San Diego Zoo.
San Diego Zoo Location and Contact Information
The San Diego Zoo is located at 2920 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 – Tel: 619.231.1515