Visiting Balboa Park is one of the top things to do in San Diego
Whether you want to visit a San Diego Museum, take your family on a walk through a beautiful park, or listen to live music performance, you’ll be able to do it all when you visit Attractions in San Diego like Balboa Park. Visiting the Park is one of the most exciting things to do in San Diego, and the excitement is just moments away from downtown.
About San Diego’s Balboa Park
One of the most exciting attractions in San Diego is Balboa Park. Balboa Park is much more than a park, however, as you know if you’ve been there before. It is one of the top Things to do in San Diego, featuring several botanical gardens, 15 major San Diego Museums, renowned performing arts venues, and the famous San Diego Zoo.
When you visit San Diego, you’ll be just moments away from all of the exciting things to do in San Diego’s Balboa Park. The Park offers fun for the entire family, with one-of-a-kind Attractions in San Diego that please young and old and serve a variety of interests.
Why Visit San Diego’s Balboa Park
When you’re looking for Things to do in San Diego, you can come to Balboa Park and have dozens of Attractions in San Diego to choose from. In fact, you could stay in San Diego for nearly 3 weeks, and choose 1 San Diego Attraction in Balboa Park a day to explore, and still not see it all.
Balboa Park presents a changing calendar of live music concerts, theatrical performances, San Diego Museum exhibits, educational classes, and so much more. In one amazing location, you can view Lionel model trains, take your kids to a children’s museum, stroll through lovely flora and fauna, and learn a little about the fine arts.
Tips for Visiting San Diego’s Balboa Park
- San Diego’s Balboa Park sits in downtown San Diego. Take a taxi, private car, or public transportation and get to one of the top attractions in San Diego within minutes.
- Make sure you visit some of the San Diego Museums inside of Balboa Park, such as the Rueben H. Fleet Science Center and the San Diego Museum of Man.
- Many San Diego visitors like to walk through the stunning Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park.
- The Balboa Park Visitors’ Center, located across the street from The Prado Restaurant in the House of Hospitality, has a comprehensive stockpile of brochures, maps, and audio tours to help you get the most out of your visit to Balboa Park.
- You can visit the grounds of Balboa Park 24 hours a day, but the hours at the San Diego Museums and buildings inside the Park vary, so call ahead.
Interesting Facts About San Diego’s Balboa Park
- Active military and their families can get into many Balboa Park facilities for free on the first 4 Tuesdays of the month.
- Balboa Park features a gift shop, which sells interesting books, CD’s, videos, gifts, and signature items made by the Park.
- Admission to Balboa Park is free, but most of the facilities inside the Park do charge (the Botanical building and most of the gardens are exceptions).
San Diego’s Balboa Park Location and Contact Information:
San Diego’s Balboa Park is located at 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101 – Tel: 619.239.0512