Watch Padres Game at Petco Park San Diego
When you visit San Diego, there are many exciting San Diego Things to do. If you have the opportunity to visit when the Padres are in town, take the San Diego light rail Trolley to a Major League Baseball game, which takes place just minutes from downtown.
About Petco Park
Petco Park is one of the top San Diego Attractions, offering San Diego visitors and residents a chance to enjoy San Diego Padres Baseball in a beautiful open-air ballpark. Watching a Major League Baseball game at Petco Park is one of the most fun San Diego Things to do, and at this new ballpark, you’ll be able to see your favorite Padre players.
Petco Park sits in downtown San Diego, replacing Qualcomm Stadium as the home of the Padres in 2004, the year the ballpark was built. Before Petco Park came to San Diego, the Padres shared Qualcomm Stadium with the San Diego Chargers football team.
Why You Should Visit Petco Park
Petco Park gives San Diego visitors and residents the opportunity to enjoy Major League Baseball in a convenient downtown San Diego location. When you stay in downtown San Diego, you’ll be just moments from all of the excitement of Major League Baseball and Padres fun! There are so many thrilling San Diego Things to do, but San Diego Attractions like Major League Baseball games are San Diego events that all kinds of visitors can enjoy.
Tips for Visiting Petco Park
Petco Park is located between 7th and 10th Avenues, south of J Street. You’ll find the southern side of the stadium bounded by the San Diego Trolley light rail tracks, along the North Side of Harbor Drive. You can walk to the Trolley and ride to Petco Park, or drive your own car. Keep in mind that a portion of K Street, between 7th and 10th Avenues, is now closed to automobiles and serves as a pedestrian promenade. The pedestrian promenade also offers access to the “Park at the Park” behind the center field.
The main entrance of Petco Park sits behind home plate, at the south end of Park Boulevard, which faces the San Diego Trolley.
Interesting Facts About Petco Park
- Petco Park cost $450 million to build, a price tag that was partially funded by the Center City Development Corporation and the San Diego Redevelopment Agency.
- The stadium is part of a comprehensive plan to revitalize San Diego’s downtown area, particularly the East Village.
- The first baseball game to be played at Petco Park, on March 11, 2004, was the first game of a 4-team NCAA invitational tournament hosted by San Diego State University.
- On August 4, 2007, Barry Bonds hit his 755th home run at Petco Park to tie Hank Aaron’s record.
- On July 13, 2013, Tim Lincecum threw the Park’s first no-hitter, for the visiting San Francisco Giants, as they defeated the Padres 9-0.
Petco Park Location and Contact Information
Petco Park is located at 100 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101 – Tel: 619.795.5000