Visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – one of the top San Diego Attractions
People come from all over the country to visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, one of the renowned animal parks in the world and one of the top San Diego Things to Do. Within a short drive of Downtown San Diego, you’ll be able to view herds of giraffe, buffalo, gazelle, and other exquisite creatures.
About San Diego Zoo Safari Park
The San Diego Zoo Safari Park used to be known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Regardless of its name change, however, it is still one of the top attractions in San Diego offering fun for all ages. The Safari Park features 1,800 acres of habitat for wildlife and stunning creatures inside, and it sits just a short drive from downtown San Diego and Downtown San Diego.
If you want to see rare, endangered, and foreign animals in habitats that are as close to their natural environment as a zoo can get, come to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and prepared to be amazed. Most San Diego visitors to the Safari Park immediately realize why the Park is considered one of the top things to do in San Diego.
Why Visit San Diego Zoo Safari Park
At the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, view beautiful animals from the continents of Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia. Attractions in San Diego like the Safari Park provide a much more awesome animal encounter than a typical zoo does.
The Safari Park is spread out to make the animal’s environment look much more like their natural homes than you’ll see at other animal parks. Instead of viewing these gorgeous creatures in cages, you’ll get to spy on them walking through the grounds with their herds and watch them basking in open vistas that are similar to where they would normally gather.
Tips for Visiting San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Ride the African Tram at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which will take you through the African exhibits. The tram passes by free-roaming animals like giraffes, antelopes, buffaloes, rhinos, and even cranes.
- The Safari Park is located near Escondido, California (off State Route 78), a short drive from Downtown San Diego Hotels, so you can easily get there by car, taxi, or bus.
- The animal habitats are very spread out at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, so you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- If you’re visiting the San Diego Zoo Safari Park in the summer months, make sure you bring sunscreen to keep yourself protected, as Attractions in San Diego like this one are entirely outdoors. Pack a jacket and pants, if needed, during the rest of the year.
Interesting Facts About San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park houses the world’s largest veterinary hospital.
- The Safari Park keeps more than 3,500 species of plants on its grounds.
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is one of the top things to do in San Diego, seeing more than 2 million visitors annually.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park Location and Contact Information