Attend the San Diego Symphony year-round
The San Diego Symphony is one of the top San Diego Attractions offering a rich and varied musical calendar throughout all of the seasons in San Diego. When you’re looking for San Diego Things to Do for the entire family, consider attending one of the musical concerts presented by the San Diego Symphony.
About San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony performed its first concert on December 6, 1910, and 100 years later it still entertains San Diego visitors and residents with outstanding musical concerts and productions. Attending the San Diego Symphony is one of the top San Diego Things to Do, as tourists are presented with a wide range of performances that cover a broad spectrum of musical genres.
The San Diego Symphony is one of the leading orchestras in the United States and is a designated Tier 1 Orchestra, as rated by the League of American Orchestras. The San Diego Symphony commits itself to provide musical experiences of superior quality to greater San Diego and beyond, making it one of the premier San Diego Attractions when you’re visiting San Diego.
Why Attend San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony calls the historic Copley Symphony Hall it’s home, one of the finest classical music venues on the West Coast. Hotels in downtown San Diego sit just moments away from Copley Symphony Hall, so you’ll be able to easily get to extraordinary musical productions in this beautiful and majestic facility.
San Diego Attractions like the San Diego Symphony present a rich mixture of innovation and education, with programming designed to appeal to all ages and cultures. When you’re looking for San Diego Things to Do that represent California living at its best, attend the San Diego Symphony.
Tips for Attending San Diego Symphony
- The San Diego Symphony offers more than 100 concerts each season, with indoor performances that include the Jacob Masterworks series with music director, Jahja Ling. Make sure that you inquire about these special concerts.
- The City Lights series features principal Pops conductor, Bill Conti, and popular guest artists like Jennifer Holiday, Peter Cetera, Michael Feinstein, and Kenny G.
- The San Diego Symphony presents a Family Festival, which is a great musical Event in San Diego to bring little San Diego visitors to. The Family Festival features kid-friendly concerts that adults love as well.
- Each summer, the San Diego Symphony performs Summer Pops concerts at Embarcadero Marina Park South, which are just minutes from downtown. The Summer Pops concerts present a nice mixture of classical favorites and pop music in a festive, outdoor setting.
Interesting Facts About San Diego Symphony
- The San Diego Symphony recently celebrated its 100th anniversary, and the group is the first California orchestra to reach this milestone.
- Recent Summer Pops guest artists include Frankie Valli, Aaron Neville, LeAnn Rimes, Chris Botti, Kool & The Gang, Wynonna, and Frank Sinatra Jr.
San Diego Symphony Location and Contact Information
The San Diego Symphony is located at 1245 7th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101 – Tel: 619.235.0804